- Prepare your materials (handouts and online support, including an evaluation) prior to the training.
- Test everything and rehearse prior to the training.
- Arrive early to setup and greet participants as they arrive.
on time by welcoming participants. (Introduce yourself and the topic of
the workshop. Include a hook or demo to build interest.)
a welcome activity. (This should get participants thinking, talking,
and introducing themselves. It is best if this is related to the topic
at hand and to a greater emotional connection beyond the topic.)
- Make the presentation exciting and focus on learning by doing.
- Use the resources (knowledge and creativity) people bring into the room.
- Check for understanding and adjust on the fly.
up with a reflection activity. (This may be related to the welcome
activity, content covered during the event, or participants’ next
- Allow time at the end of the training for the
participants to complete the online evaluation. (This should be during
the training, not after the end time.)
- Be sure participants have your contact information for follow up.
- Review the evaluation responses and adjust for the future.