https://www.google.com/accounts/ManageAccountLead Learners: Mike Lawrence
, Executive Director, CUE Inc. Chris Walsh
Founder, Google Teacher AcademyWelcome Slides:
This welcome activity will give you an opportunity to meet and connect
with the people in your team. Think of it as "speed dating" for geeky
educators! It is also meant to help you kick start your innovative
thinking for the day - with a clear focus on learning. So stretch your
mind and exercise your creativity. :)
Follow the instructions below to complete the activity... and make an innovation connection!
Listen carefully to the instructions. This should take two minutes or less.
Think of the best example of innovation in education that you can.
You'll have about two minutes. For this exercise, the innovation should not involve computers,
gadgets, or anything "techie." The example doesn't need to be something
you've done yourself. Perhaps it's something one of your teachers did
when you were a student or something you've seen one of your colleagues
(or heroes) do. Think fast, and prepare to share. You'll need to "pitch" your idea in 1 minute or less!
Pair up with one of your teammates and share your example.
When one partner is
sharing, the other can ask a question, but shouldn't "take over" the
conversation. You will have one minute each to share your example and any story
behind it (for a total of two minutes together).
Rotate until you have shared with every other person on your team.
With teams of eight, this should require seven rotations... the first
four are easy, the next three will take some quick creative thinking!
Come together as a team to decide who shared the best example of innovation in education. You have 2 minutes.
A representative from your team will share the best example with the large group. Each group representative will have 2 minutes to share.
- Google Accounts can be made using any email address.
- Gmail Accounts are already Google Accounts (but not all Google Accounts are Gmail accounts).
- Create a Google Account (if you haven't already).
- Associate other email accounts with your Google Account!
- Manage your account and Edit email addresses to add additional addresses. More detail...
- If you use Gmail, you can also send and receive with other email accounts! (Once logged into Gmail, simply click on settings, then accounts, and then add accounts to "send mail as" or "get mail form.")
Google Apps: Education Edition