Specialized Search (Killer Research
More Search Tools for Teachers
- Search Features
- Public Data
Together let's see if we can search and find the following as quickly as
- What is the weather forecast for today in Alice
- Where did the two most recent earthquakes
occur and what was their magnitude?
- What is the
current population of Pennsylvania?
- Find the answer
to this mathematical problem 1 + 10 * 45 ^2 -251
- The definition
of the word Hegemony
Working with filetype and refining results
- Safe Search
Results (form options, timeline, wonderwheel)
Quality Results (filetypes: pdf, ppt)
- More Credible
Results (by domain)
- ACTIVITY: Together let's research the Taj
Mahal, following the above protocol to find more specific information
Perform your own specialized of a topic within your content area. See
if you can find a credible and useful pdf, word document, or powerpoint.
Creating custom search engines
- Custom search engines
- Personalized search engine
- Adding Sites
- ACTIVITY #3: Together let's create a Custom Google Search Engine on Technology Integration.
Google Web Search- Classroom Lessons and Resources
The Search Education lessons
were developed by Google Certified
Teachers to help you do just that. The lessons are short, modular and
not specific to any discipline so you can mix and match to what best
fits the needs of your classroom. Additionally, all lessons come with a
companion set of slides (and some with additional resources) to help
you guide your in-class discussions.
Things to Check Out Later:
Google Learning Institute* Resources from Google Certified Teachers:
More helpful videos:
*Note: The Google Workshop for Educators was previously called the Google Learning Institute.
Activity On Your Own This Week
- Select a topic to research - preferably something relevant to educators or students.
- Create your own Custom Search Engine focused on the topic.
- Use the other specialized search tools above to locate quality resources related to the topic.
- Populate the custom search engine with the quality resources you find.
- Share the custom search engine with the Lead Learner, firstname.lastname@example.org. A link to each CSE will be added below.
- To prepare for our session next week, please take a moment to create a Google Account prior to the beginning of the webinar.
Need help? No problem, follow the steps on this page.
- Google Docs and Spreadsheets